Monday, October 6, 2008

Something in the Water. . .


Today I attended one of many baby showers that I will be invited to this season. It seems like almost all of my friends have either just had a baby or are about to have a baby.

This was the first bay shower for El Rey's lovely Godmother, "Nina." El Rey has the best Godparents ("Ninos") in the world and I am so thrilled that they are finally going to have a child of their own with whom to share their boundless generosity and love.
Mini-Glam decided to dress comfy for the occasion in a super-soft cotton Ralph Lauren dress that she received as a baptism gift:

The shower was hosted at a lovely home in Pasadena. I had been there before, because this was where Nina had her bridal shower when she married Nino.


This is a very warm and elegant home, so the bridal shower was warm and elegant as well. I was welcomed by the hostess and invited to sign the guest book.




The hot cocoa packets and "HERESHEIS" candy bars made adorable party favors.



I regreted eating beforehand, because the spread looked quite tasty.



Nina looked radiant!
The only things missing were games. I am sure that Nina must have requested to have a game-free shower, like so many women do nowadays, but I am old skool--I likes me some party favors.
At my last baby shower, I was the only person to win two! One for baby bingo and one for guessing the size of my sister-in-law's, sister-in-law's (no that is not a typo) baby bump.

Lucky for me, my in-laws are big on games and party favors. The competition at our family parties is fierce--no exaggeration. Here are the ladies playing a not-so-friendly game of musical chairs on Mother's Day. That's my husband's 80-something year old grandmother (and mother of 12) in the back. I failed to snap the picture on time, but my mother took out hubby's most competitive tia for a controversial win.


And here are the tias losing to the little boys at tug-o-war.

Alas! I guess cut-throat games are not for everyone. . . Boo!
Nevertheless, it was a very nice shower and I can't wait until the second installment on Saturday. But I have no idea what Nina is going to do with all her gifts. . .

1 comment:

weezermonkey said...

OMG. Those competition pics are hysterical.