Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Swinging Moods

So no sooner did I admit to all the world that I felt boring, than I snapped out of it. I woke up feeling pretty inspired. I finally played one of the Namaste yoga episodes I have recorded on my DVR, and it was such a wonderful way to start my day. The workout is only 30 minutes long, which is perfect for someone like me who has not worked out in months and needs to get back in shape gradually. I highly recommend this show on the Fit channel. It is on at 5:30 am each morning, but there is no way I would ever get up that early to workout, so I keep five episodes on standby on my DVR.

I then made breakfast for my family. I popped in a Nelly Furtado CD that I had forgotten I had as I cooked. My son wanted pancakes (again) and toast. Since I couldn't think of a persuasive argument for why one shouldn't have toast AND pancakes for breakfast, I indulged him. When my two month old fussed a bit, she and I danced around the kitchen as I flipped pancakes. It was so much fun!

After breakfast, I made some blinds for my bathroom from the material I purchased at Ikea. They work perfectly, although now my bathroom has less natural light and is not as bright. I would prefer to have privacy over natural light, so they are staying up.

After that project, it was time to make lunch for my family. I made my son's favorite--taco salad with ground turkey. This easy meal is always a hit with everyone. As my hubby grabbed his lunch and left for work he gave me such a loving embrace. Without him saying a word, I could tell he'd enjoyed our morning together and was sad to be leaving for work. It was really a sweet moment.

I was feeling so motivated that I decided to take the kids to the zoo in the afternoon. On the way there, I got a mango sorbetto at Starbucks--I'm so thrilled to finally be able to satisfy my Pinkberry cravings via a drive-thru now. Then I popped into a furniture store and purchased a new dinette set for my kitchen before hopping on the freeway to go the LA Zoo.

To my surprise, it was the perfect time of day to go to the zoo. Most people had left or were leaving and the park had plenty of shade. It was a lovely, relaxing way to spend my afternoon.

When I got home, I made wild caught mahi mahi fish tacos for dinner. I decided to start taking pictures of my homemade meals starting tomorrow, because the tacos looked beautiful.

Now I am sitting here so happy because on Wednesdays there are new episodes of Project Runway, Shear Genius and So You Think You Can Dance---life is good!

1 comment:

weezermonkey said...

I know why we are friends. We like the same food AND the same TV!